Call to Action

Man Utd considering swoop for attacker who could be poached on a snip

Date published: Monday 7th October 2019 1:01

Manchester United are weighing up a January move for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele as they look to add firepower to their side, according to a report.

United are struggling for goals up top having only scored nine in eight Premier League games, with Marcus Rashford – who had just 21 touches of the ball in Sunday’s 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United – failing to provide a solid attacking outlet.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are without Anthony Martial through injury to add to the failure to replace Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez in the summer but, according to the Daily Mail, United could look to remedy their problems somewhat by adding another striker in January.

The newspaper says that the Old Trafford sent scouts to France to watch former Celtic man Dembele in action for Lyon, the 23-year-old coming on in the second half of his side’s 1-0 defeat to St Ettiene.

 

 

What’s more, Dembele has been in and out of his club side meaning he could be available for a cut-price fee in January and United are said to be considering the option of swooping for the Frenchman.

Dembele has netted six times for Lyon so far this term, putting him one behind Victor Osimhen in the race to be the Ligue 1 top scorer.

Meanwhile, Gary Neville has spoken out about United’s slump in form and said the club’s boardroom is to blame for the club’s recent results.

 

Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!

 

<!–

–>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *